ANTICIPATED DETOUR SCHEDULE
Updated 4:50 PM on 9/20/18 | Schedule and routes are approximate and subject to change.
- Thursday (9/20) – Power Plant Detour in effect for outbound traffic during construction hours (approximately 7 AM – 7 PM)
- Friday (9/21) – Power Plant Detour in effect for outbound traffic during construction hours (approximately 7 AM – 7 PM)
- Saturday (9/22) – Two-way traffic across the bridge
- Sunday (9/23) – Two-way traffic across the bridge
- For the next two weeks (9/24-10/5), anticipate the full Power Plant detour to be in effect for outbound traffic during construction hours
- View Power Plant Detour Map >>
- For the latest schedules, check back here or contact the project phone, 970-618-5379 (call or text).
The Castle Creek Bridge / Hallam Street Improvement Project seeks to improve safety and function for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists on the busiest street in Aspen, CO. Key project components include: a protected 8-foot-wide concrete trail, upgraded bus shelters, repaired roadway and improved intersections at both Seventh and Eighth Street. These improvements will increase user safety, promote multi-modal connectivity, upgrade our public transportation infrastructure and enhance corridor aesthetics.
SITE CHALLENGES & PROJECT BACKGROUND
In 2014, the City of Aspen identified the Castle Creek Bridge and Hallam Street corridor as a deficient link in Aspen’s bicycle and pedestrian network. Safe and efficient travel options for cyclists and pedestrians are limited through this area due to topographic, property, and geometric constraints. This is one of the top ten accident locations in the city. Most of the infrastructure between 7th Street and the west side of Castle Creek Bridge has received no significant upgrade since 1962 and many repairs are required. Through extensive public outreach, multiple connectivity studies and experiments, and conceptual planning the City of Aspen developed a project plan to address this critical connection.
MONTHLY UPDATE MEETINGS
The project team invites the community to participate in a monthly project update meeting occurring on the fourth Wednesday of every month. Each meeting will cover upcoming work schedules and traffic impacts.
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 26 in the Sister Cities room at City Hall.
Update Meeting : 4 p.m. | Conference Call : 5 p.m.
Conference Call Information: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/315961749
You can also dial in using your phone: +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 315-961-749
Additional Meeting Date: 10/24
Those unable to attend the meetings are encouraged to sign up for project update email to receive the latest project information and to reach out to the project team at any time with questions or concerns.